Meal planning and prep is a huge key to being successful with our nutrition. But sometimes things just come up and we are hungry and need something ASAP.
Having some go to healthy (and super tasty) options will be the best bet to help us stay on track.
You can’t go wrong with any of my top 6 Healthy Local Lunch Options. They will leave you satisfied without feeling bloated and sluggish the rest of the day.
All these top spots do it right by making nearly everything from scratch with quality ingredients. Next time you need a quick midday bite opt for one of these and you won’t be sorry.
- Near and dear to my heart as I worked here for about 4 years and never got tired of eating the food. Marinades, salasas, sauces, guacamole etc. are all made from scratch. Opt for a bowl with rice, beans and any of the meat options then load it up with veggies and salsa and you will be good to go.
- Delicious Brazilian style street food fresh made daily. Make a bowl with greens, rice, beans or sweet potato and choice of protein. Then top it with some chimichurri, cilantro, lime, and spicy coconut sauce and chow down.
- A little out of the way (unless you live in the Rattlesnake or are up there for a hike or bike ride) but well worth the effort. Several healthy salads and sandwich options to choose from as well as rotating specials. My favorite is the Carne Asada Salad. So fresh and good!
- Almost too many options to choose from for fresh outstanding salads and sandwiches. Pro option is to get a sandwhich and a salad and share the other half with a buddy or save it for the next day. It’s like meal prepping but better since you didn’t prep it.
- Organic smoothies and various bowls that leave you fully satisfied and just feeling healthy all over. Smoothies are 100% organic and I think nearly everything else on their menu is too. I’m partial to the Acai Bowl but they have a heap of other bowl options to satisfy your cravings while having you feel great.
I do my best to prep and eat homemade meals as I know the ingredients are good and I am generally making a good decision.
It is comforting to know that these local options are always there when I need a break from cooking myself, need something fast, or just want a tasty lunch.
I know I can have something at one of these spots and it will give me the energy to power through the rest of the day. They also have me feeling ready and able workout that afternoon or evening which isn’t always the case for many fast lunch options.
Where are your favorite go to healthy lunch spots??